Let’s face it. We’re all getting a little restless with these lockdowns. We miss the direct, face-to-face contact with our family, friends, and teachers. And, depending on the state in which we live, it can feel like we’re attached to a ball and chain. When we’re lonely or bored, it easily puts a strain on our relationships—especially when our world is scary.
In light of this, we created a list of fun conversation topics to share with the children in your life. Whether in your classrooms or homes, we hope they add some much-needed levity and enjoyment during these challenging times. Here goes:
- What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever seen or experienced?
- What has been your happiest moment? Why?
- What’s the greatest compliment you’ve ever received?
- What three words best describe you?
- What has been your proudest moment and why?
- If you could solve one problem in the world, what would it be?
- What are the three most important qualities you look for in a friend?
- Name five things you are grateful for.
- What do you consider to be your best character quality?
- What’s the kindest thing you’ve ever done? How did it make you feel?
- If you had $1,000 to give to a charity, which one would you choose and why?
- What is your favorite song, movie, food, book, holiday, and game?
- If you could be any character from history, who would you choose and why?
- What do you consider to be your greatest skill?
- If you were in a job interview, what three reasons would you give to convince them to hire you?
- If you could have one job in the world, what would it be and why?
- If you could travel to any place in the world, where would you go and why?
- If you could live in any era in history, which would you choose and why?
- What is your happiest vacation memory?
- What do you appreciate most about _________ (list family members and teachers)
- Who is your all-time favorite teacher and why?
- What’s the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
- What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment?
- What’s the most amazing coincidence you’ve ever experienced?
- What’s your all-time favorite dream?
- If you owned a business, what three qualities would you seek most when interviewing job candidates?
- How do you define success?
- Which person from history inspires you most and why?
- If you could cook your favorite meal, what would it be?
- Describe what you’d like your life to look like when you’re 30.
Enjoy! And, take good care.
The LifeSmart Team